You are currently viewing Dry summer skin? Try our summer body care routine for relief!

Dry summer skin? Try our summer body care routine for relief!

Summertime calls for a special type of skin care regime to keep your skin feeling healthy and supple. The heat can cause blocked sweat ducts and bring on prickly heat while sun exposure can result in a variety of skin conditions. Adding fragrance to the mix can set you on a course for near certain skin trauma where the heat, sun and sweat independently heighten skin sensitivity.

If you have sensitive skin, summer might present a particular hazard with beauty store shelves full of sweetly-scented, yet artificially fragranced body lotions. Despite their alluring scent, they’re full of cheap, synthetic chemicals that easily please your nose – but can cause havoc for your skin.

Instead of harsh and fragranced cleaners, try cleansing your skin with a natural (and much cheaper!) alternative like coconut oil. Coconut oil is an inexpensive and completely natural cleansing agent that easily removes make—up and dirt without leaving a greasy residue. Coconut oil won’t strip your skin of its natural oils like synthetic cleansers that contain sodium laurel sulfate, which is a better option for degreasing cars, not your face.

With inflammation and dehydration a concern during summer your skin needs a little extra help to keep it moisturised and supple, while protecting against dryness that can contribute to premature ageing. Bee Loved’s Face Cream calms red, burned and inflamed skin with chamomile extract and aloe butter. Follow with Bee Loved’s Face Activoil overnight serum will help rejuvenate skin, leaving it fresh, bright and supple on waking in the morning.

Our Body Lotion also provides the perfect after-sun treatment being packed with aloe which is made of 99% water and the remaining 1% being protein, enzymes, amino acids, polysaccharides, minerals and antioxidants beta-carotene and Vitamin A, C and E. With a beeswax base that is intensely moisturising, it also allows the skin to breathe and regulate its own moisture levels.

If you’re applying plenty of sun cream and enjoying the outdoors chances are you’ll also be washing your hands more regularly. Dry hands are likely to result and you’ll need a hand cream that soothes rough, itchy skin while protecting it from the heat and humidity. With a rich beeswax base, Bee Loved’s Hand Cream is also intensely moisturising, relieving irritation and the reducing the appearance of aged looking skin.

It’s important not to forget your lips. Dry lips brought on by heat and dehydration can be made worse with synthetic balms and lip gloss that doesn’t allow the skin to breathe. For luscious lips try Bee Loved’s beeswax-based Lip Balm, which can be used on its own or under lipstick to protect them from the elements while healing rough patches and cracks.

You can shop Bee Loved products at our online store and kit out your summer skincare routine. You can also learn more about  natural skincare at our blog site.

Share this: