Girl On Beach

Your all-over body skincare routine for dry skin during summer

Summer is not the time to be trying out that sweet smelling, artificially fragranced body lotion your great aunt gave you for your birthday. Despite its alluring scent, it’s full of cheap, synthetic chemicals designed to please your nose yet with little regard for the irritation they cause sensitive skin.

Summer calls for a special type of skin care regime to keep your skin feeling healthy and supple. The heat can cause blocked sweat ducts and bring on prickly heat while sun exposure can result in a variety of skin conditions. Adding fragrance to the mix can set you on a course for near certain skin trauma where the heat, sun and sweat are already heightening skin sensitivity.

Instead, try cleansing skin with a natural cleanser such as coconut oil. Coconut oil is an inexpensive and completely natural cleansing option that easily removes make—up and dirt without leaving a greasy residue. Coconut oil won’t strip your skin of its natural oils like synthetic cleansers that contain sodium laurel sulfate, which is a better option for degreasing cars, not your face.

With inflammation and dehydration a concern during summer your skin needs a little extra help to keep it moisturised and supple, while protecting against dryness that can contribute to the development of wrinkles. Bee Loved’s Face Cream calms red, burned and inflamed skin with chamomile extract and aloe butter. Aloe is an ideal after-sun treatment as it comprises 99% water and the remaining 1% being protein, enzymes, amino acids, polysaccharides, minerals and antioxidants beta-carotene and Vitamin A, C and E. Follow with Bee Loved’s Face Activoil overnight serum will help rejuvenate skin, leaving it fresh, bright and supple on waking in the morning.

Your body also needs extra moisturising support during the summer and Bee Loved’s Body Lotion, packed with aloe to reduce areas of redness and inflammation, is a calming, nurturing lotion that leaves skin feeling silky smooth and soft. With a beeswax base that is intensely moisturising, it also allows the skin to breathe and regulate its own moisture levels.

If you’re applying plenty of sun cream and enjoying the outdoors chances are you’ll also be washing your hands more regularly. Dry hands are likely to result and you’ll need a hand cream that soothes rough, itchy skin while protecting it from the heat and humidity. With a rich beeswax base, Bee Loved’s Hand Cream is also intensely moisturising, relieving irritation and the reducing the appearance of aged looking skin.

It’s important not to forget your lips. Dry lips brought on by heat and dehydration can be made worse with synthetic balms and lip gloss that doesn’t allow the skin to breathe. For luscious lips try Bee Loved’s beeswax-based Lip Balm, which can be used on its own or under lipstick to protect them from the elements while healing rough patches and cracks.

Shop Bee Loved products at our online store and learn more about natural skincare at our blog site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ENTER YOUR EMAIL AND GET

20% OFF

Be the first to know about our exclusive items, New catalogs and special promotions.