Hot on the heels of our Free From success, Bee Loved is proud to launch our rejuvenating Face ActivOil, a stunning complement to our award winning Face Cream.
Rich in antioxidants, essential fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties, Face ActivOil is ideal for prematurely aged, dry or irritated skin.
Designed as a leave-on, intensive overnight treatment, the fusion of key active ingredients Pomegranate Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Sesame Oil are kind to sensitive skin yet powerful enough to restore hydration, softness and elasticity to dry and problem skin.
Absorbed quicky and easily with no greasy residue, the oil leaves the skin feeling soft and with visibly less signs of irritation and ageing.
The key active ingredients work by fighting free radical build-up accrued from the effects of ageing, lifestyle factors and environmental toxins (in the same way as Vitamin E – check out our blog post on that here). When free radicals attack lipid (fat) bilayers in the stratum corneum (outermost sublayer) of the epidermis, the skin is more likley to suffer from dehydration, irritation and inflammation. The active ingredients in Bee Loved’s Face ActivOil this damage by protecting the lipid bilayers and cell membranes from free radical attacks.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is ideal for mature, sensitive, irritated and dry skins. It is rich in essential fatty acids such as oleic and linoleic acid, high in Vitamin A and penetrates the skin easily to restore elasticity, clarity and suppleness.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil packs a powerful punch for mature, dry and aging skin and people with problem skin conditions. Pomegranate Seed Oil actively reduces skin inflammation and aids in skin repair, hydrating the skin and preventing moisture loss. The Omega 5 fatty acid present in pomegranate seeds, Punicic Acid, is incredibly rich in antioxidants, more than in red wine and similar to antioxidant levels in green tea. As a result, this oil is very effective in fighting free radicals that lead to wrinkles and skin thickening. Pomegranate Seed Oil is also high in flavanoids. Together with Punicic Acid they fight inflammation, making the oil a welcome salve for people suffering from eczema, sunburn and psoriasis.
- Evening Primrose Oil is rich in omega-6 essential fatty acids (60-85% linoleic acid, 5-12% oleic acid and gamma-linoleic acid, 2-4% stearic acid and 4-10% palmitic acid) which can aid in managing inflammation. The oil is also powerful in creating a skin barrier and is therefore particularly useful for people with dry and problem skin, eczema and atopic dermatitis. It can prevent skin inflammation and maintain hydration by reducing moisture loss.
- Sesame Oil is also abundant in fatty acids and vitamins E, D and B complex, making this oil an effective topical treatment for scars, rashes and certain skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. Sesame Oil is also laden with antioxidants, protecting the skin cells from oxidation and improving skin rejuvenation to prevent wrinkles, fine lines and small pores in skin. Sesame Oil is also particularly well known for creating the appearance of glowing skin and promoting a fresh, youthful look.
- Lavender Oil: in addition to adding a calming subtle fragrance is full of potent antioxidants that help fight the build-up of free radicals caused by environmental toxins. When combined with Sesame Oil it becomes a powerful, overnight facial treatment, improving blood circulation, fighting skin infections and leaving soft, fresh skin on waking in the morning, and
- Frankincense essential oil: is helpful in reducing the appearance of blemishes caused by scars, acne and eczema. It is an effective astringent, protecting skin cells, preventing wrinkles and restoring skin elasticity to lessen the signs of aging.
Bee Loved is now taking advance orders for its Face ActivOil – to get yours, click here to get in touch with us today!